Teaching Internships At Streetlight Schools. Streetlight Schools, is a nonprofit whose vision is to provide the neediest children the most innovative, effective and transformative teachers and schools to help them unlock their full potential.
Teaching Internships At Streetlight Schools
Streetlight Schools realises this vision by launching schools in inner-city communities in Johannesburg, including its first school, Streetlight: Jeppestown.
Streetlight Schools seeks to appoint an Intern, based in Johannesburg.
Report to: School Leader
- Assist the teaching teams in one classroom activities
- Prepare learning and teaching resources
- Take on break duties according to the school’s need, ensuring a safe and positive environment for the children during breaks and that students have access to engaging play activities
- Take on extracurricular, aftercare and play based activities
- Adapt and practice the responsive classroom principles with the students
- Take initiative and contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment among staff
- Studying towards a Teaching degree. Preferably in 2nd or 3rd year tertiary
- No experience will learn on the job
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the school
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive
- Willingness to adhere to the school’s values, culture and pedagogical approaches.
- Prove excellent skills and ability to take care of and socialise with the students as well as the school staff
- Appropriate training in the use of ICT packages
- Ability to prioritise and manage issues and work tasks, organisation skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to work in low-income communities in an urbanising environment
- Ability to relate well to children and adults and promote the school in the wider community
- Ability to work constructively as part of the team of Streetlight Schools, willing to engage in building an innovative and effective learning environment for children
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South Africa Language
- Strong Leader
- Nurturing, kind and caring
Streetlight Schools, is a nonprofit whose vision is to provide the neediest children the most innovative, effective and transformative teachers and schools to help them unlock their full potential.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work beyond official working times when required
- Show Love, Respect, Professionalism, Innovation, Dedication
How to Apply for Teaching Internships
To apply, submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.