Contract employment opportunities exist in different provinces and districts nationwide for internship vacancies at Stats SA. Stats SA undertakes various surveys and projects, for example, Census, Community Survey, Labour Force Survey, General Household Survey, among others. From time to time these surveys and projects require that contract staff be employed.
You are invited to register online for inclusion on the database used to identify potential candidates for these contract positions. As the Census and Community Survey is conducted in every area of the country, people of every racial group and from all areas are encouraged to apply.
Contract: An employment contract stipulating duration, job content, remuneration and other conditions, will be provided when opportunities for such contract employment arise.
Working tools: Those that will be employed and are issued with work tools, will be paid after the tools have been returned.
Area of work: Opportunities for contract employment usually arise as outlined below:
|FieldworkGoing door-to-door to collect information from households Required skills / competencies
|Data capturingCapturing of completed questionnaires (data) Required skills / competencies
|Data processingSorting, coding and quality checking Required skills / competencies
|Clerical and administrativeJobs such as receptionist / secretary, general assistants (e.g. cleaners), etc.Required skills / competencies
|SupervisorySupervision of any of the above categories where necessaryRequired skills / competencies
How To Apply
Applications must be done online. Visit www.statssa.gov.za/hr.
The applicant must:
- have a minimum of a Senior Certificate (Matric or equivalent).
- be proficient in English and/or Afrikaans plus any other official language.
- be willing to work over weekends and outside of normal office hours.
- be an RSA citizen with no criminal record.
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to upload the following documents when they apply.
- Certified copies of ID, Matric certificates and driver’s license if applicable.
- Documents must have been certified within 3 months before submission.
- Any registration without supporting documents will be regarded as incomplete and the applicant will not be registered on the database.
- Applicants who are invited for training will be required to submit hard copies of the uploaded documents, together with proof of residence or an affidavit.
Stats SA will:
- Verify an applicant’s documents and/or reference checking will form part of the registration process.
- Subject short-listed applicants to a competency test and/or training assessment.
Please note the following:
- Statistics South Africa reserves the right to accept or reject an applicant’s registration
- Applicants in censuses and surveys will be appointed within their local communities as no transport will be provided.
- Applicants who previously registered on the HR contract database are welcomed to update their information accordingly.
- Applicant must disclose if he/she is a director/shareholder of a company or conducting any business as a sole proprietor.
- Applicant must disclose if his/her company is business with any government institution/municipality.
For any enquiries please contact: More Omphile 012 310 8504/ Moalusi Thato 012 337 6435/ Khoza Sarah 012 310 8097.