G4S – Maseru, Lesotho
- Manage relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts, delegating accountability where appropriate.
- Manage the effective and efficient usage of company assets, i.e. vehicles, ensuring that all assets are well maintained, accounted for, and utilized correctly to optimize life of the asset.
- Maintain and adhere to company procedures and policies for the bulk accounts, cash float, cheque books, customer details and all other financial controls. Adhere to and enforce internal and external reconciliation procedures and policies.
- Oversight and management of customer invoicing, ensuring that terminations are processed, new customers added correctly, and changes in billing reflected.
- Initiate cost savings and controls
Gross Margin ManagementEffective management and deployment of Employees within the branchEffective Labour and Organisation
- Ensure that there are adequate staff for both admin and operations and that all new vacancies are approved and appointments are vetted and approved before making an offer of employment, as well as fully compliant with current legislation.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures
- Monitor performance and provide feedback
- Oversight of employee records, ensuring that all relevant and required documentation is on file.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Determine training needs (in line with training and HR policy) for staff.
- Ensure that all employees are training on the minimum standard operating procedures and to the statutory training requirements
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Effective management of operationsClient retention and customer service levels
- Review and deploy resources, and thereafter continuously review operations to improve profitability and customer service levels. Make changes as necessary
- Maintain all customer SLAs and address deficiencies
- Undertake regular and consistent customer visit and assess service of personnel
- Monitor customer service levels
Ops Process management – adherence to operation standards:
- QA audit results and operational matrix
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, security, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained.
- Effective management of branch fleet to ensure optimal operational running
- Maintenance and control of branch assets through the use of registers, stock control, regular audits and spot checks. i.e. fire arms, radios, building assets etc.
Shared Best Practice
- Investigate, share and implement Best Practice from other branches
Effective Security and Risk Management for the branchAdhere to group and company standards on risk and security mitigation and control on the following areas:
- Maximum vehicle loads and values
- Armed employees
- Branch security
- Health and Safety and fire drills
Effective management of business development functionNew business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the branch’s sphere of operations,
- Monitor and assess the market environment in terms of competitors and current customers.
- Ensure that all new quotes are done at profitable margins
Customer needs analysis
- Upsell of products and new services in line with customers needs and risks.
Company image and brand
- Ensure all vehicles are correctly branded and maintained to improve company image and market share.
- Oversight and management of employee discipline around uniform, behavior in public, driving standards etc, to maintain positive public image and marketing
- Adhere to all company brand guidelines for signage, stock, customer products and communication.
The Ideal Candidate:Minimum requirements:
- Relevant 3 year business degree or diploma
- Relevant Security industry registrations and certifications, including CIT.
- Matric certificate
- Previous specialized industry (with specific reference to CIT) experience recommended
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years general management experience
- Strong management skills
- Sound understanding of financial information (Profit and Loss Statement)
- Previous responsibility for growing revenue and sales
- Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Industry standard with regard to Security legislation
- G4S Operational Policy and procedures (beneficial)
- G4S HR Policy and procedures (beneficial)
- Health and Safety legislation
- Leading people
- Managing professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Driving change
- Customer Thinking
- Delivering objectives
- Awareness of the market environment
- Delivering strategy
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but Lesotho citizens or those with a valid Lesotho work permit, will have a distinct advantage.About the Company:G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: