The South African Revenue Service seeks seasonal workers to handle tax related customer queries within a Branch or Contact Centre in compliance with SARS policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 or any NQF 4 certificate
- 3 years customer service experience in a face-to-face / contact centre / call centre environment
- Customer Service Certificate will be advantageous
- Knowledge of SARS products will be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Customer Relationship Management
- Administrative Support
- SARS system products
- Tax knowledge
- Basic IT Support
- Building sustainability
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organising
- Standard system products
- Organisational Awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work according to policies and quality requirements.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives and escalate unresolved delivery and quality issues to management and process owners.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions that leads to improved service delivery and quality.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of work.
- Report on transactional and process activities within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Ensure that all walk-in tax related queries/or telephonic inbound/outbound queries are promptly, effectively & efficiently resolved.
- Drive own performance in order to achieve work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Adhere to specified polices, standards and procedures to prevent wastage on resources and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering a service that is consistent, seamless and error free.