Western Cape Department of Health seeks to employ qualifying candidates in various departments.
Department of Health Current Vacancies
ARTISAN PRODUCTION GRADE A TO C (PLUMBING)
Chief Directorate: General Specialist and Emergency Services
SALARY : Grade A: R167 778 per annum Grade B: R197 631 per annum Grade C: R230 721 per annum
CENTRE : New Somerset Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: Appropriate Trade Test Certificate in Plumbing.
- Experience: Grade A: No experience required.
- Grade B: At least 18 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
- Grade C: At least 34 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
- Inherent requirements of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Perform standby duties.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
West Coast District
SALARY : R152 862 per annum
CENTRE : Vredendal Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and/or Accountancy as a passed subject and/or Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KRA’s) of the post.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in LOGIS and the Integrated Procurement Solution IPS/Tradeworld.
- Appropriate experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Inherent requirement of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Applied knowledge of the Accounting Officer’s System and SCM Delegations of the Department.
- Applied knowledge of Western Cape Supplier Database.
- Computer literacy (Windows/Word/Excel and Outlook).
- Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
SALARY : R107 886 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Minimum requirement: Basic reading, writing and numerical skills (equivalent of grade 10).
- Certificate and/ or relevant training, e.g. pattern making, sewing, dress making, etc.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in pattern making, garment construction and alterations using both industrial and domestic sewing and overlocking machines.
- Extensive experience in designing, sewing of various specialised garments, assistive devices, wheelchair accessories and other required items.
- Inherent requirement of the job: Willingness to work with patients under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Technician.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Advance sewing skills.
- Ability to take measurements and do calculations to construct garment patterns.
- Knowledge of and operating different sewing machines (sewing and over-locker machines), both industrial and basic; manage trouble-shooting and do basic maintenance of machines.
- Pattern and garment making; ability to fabricate or construct assistive devices with guidance of the Occupational Therapist.
- Maintain good quality control and standards of garments or items produced.
- Ability to function within a team, maintain good interpersonal skills and work under pressure.
- Creativity and ability to use initiative.
- Ability to communicate fluently in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
GENERAL WORKER (ENVIRONMENTAL AND MEDICAL WASTE)
SALARY : R83 766 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Minimum requirement: Basic numeracy and literacy. I
- nherent requirements of the job: Willingness to work weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to handle heavy 62 objects/boxes.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular hours as required.
NOTE : It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.
Opportunity Closing Date: