The Receptionist is the first point of contact for the organisation, the “face of the company”. This person needs to be confident, warm, welcoming, friendly, professional and confident. Key duties include manning the reception area, greeting and welcoming all customers and visitors and staff, directing phone calls to their respective recipients
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
Meet and Greet
- Receive all visitors, clients, suppliers, contractors and staff with a friendly and hospitable attitude and make them feel welcome.
- Book visitors parking where requested or required
- Offer (occasionally prepare) visitors and hosts refreshments.
- Provide general information and assistance to staff and visitors.
- Be kind and courteous at all times.
Manage the Reception Area
- Organising and maintaining the front office to a very high standard.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the front office,
General and Administrative
- Assist office administrator when required to do so
- Receive all deliveries and parcels and contact the person concerned.
- Validate parking for visitors and clients
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answering Incoming calls, determining purpose of caller, and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or
A minimum qualification of Matric is required
Any other secretarial or office administration qualification would be an advantage
Skills and Competencies Required: –
Energetic and driven –
Friendly and courteous –
Strong communication skills and clearly spoken –
Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving attitude –
Excellent attendance record –
Reliable and punctual –
Able to operate within a changing environment –
Able to work autonomously – self-starter –
Ability to remain calm in a stressful situation.
How to Apply