To provide excellent administrative customer service to all employees within the business unit through Skills Development process compliance. To ensure that the Skills Plan for the Midrand and Maxmead Distribution Centres is implemented, updated and monitored on a monthly basis.
- Sound understanding of HR and Skills Development policies, processes and legislation.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Sound planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of own role on service delivery to internal and external customers.
- Assertiveness, high energy and a positive approach.
- Ability to work independently with sound decision-making ability within agreed levels of authority.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use own initiative and be proactive.
- Efficient, accurate with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work flexible hours in line with the business requirements.
- Has a “can-do” attitude.
Finance and or Business:
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and interpret written and numerical documentation.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business measures and targets relating to own role.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and refer accordingly.
- Continues to strive for a goal even in the face of adversity.
- Customer service mind-set.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
What theoretical knowledge (e.g. degree / diploma) does the job require?
- Literate (in English) and numerate to Grade 12 or Business Matric.
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.) and ability to capture information and produce reports on these packages (Excel Intermediate Level).
What experience (e.g. previous exposure) does the job require?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a HR or L&D Administrative role.
- Experience where there is technology usage (computer capturing, process compliance, data accuracy and reporting).
Deliverables are not limited to the accountabilities specified in the job profile. These key accountabilities highlight the focus areas of the job. Specific and/or additional deliverables can be requested by management. The key responsibilities and accountabilities may change from time to time in response to changes in business strategy, operational requirements and shift rotation.
- Carry out all administrative duties within the Learning and Development department.
- Provide administrative support for the end-to-end Skills Planning process, as well as for any ad hoc business Learning & Development requirements.
- Liaise with training providers to schedule and co-ordinate internal and external learning interventions timeously and aligned to the training calendar and training budget.
- Send course invites to participants including the respective line managers.
- Book training venues and arrange catering where applicable.
- Ensure training venues are set-up as per the workshop/facilitator requirements and fully equipped with all learning materials required (stationery, equipment, etc.). Be available to provide support for training interventions on site, relative to set up.
- Ensure attendance registers are provided and obtained (completed) at the end of the training intervention and submit attendance registers to the SDF and Central Learning and Development Administrator as per business processes.
- Update the skills plan monthly and maintain an accurate and efficient filing system for all Learning & Development related documentation.
- Provide end-to-end Learnership administrative support, from implementation until graduation and certification.
- Track, collate and submit all Portfolio of Evidence (POE’s) to the Service Provider for all candidates after learners have completed their interventions.
- Submit BEE evidence to the SDF and Central Learning and Development Administrator as per business processes.
- Process all required invoices, track payments as per the budget, obtain statements and provide copies to the SDF in line with business requirements.
- Act as a first point of contact for learners and external facilitators with regards to any queries that pertain to Learnerships or any Skills Plan Interventions.
- Provide an effective and efficient customer Learning and Development Admin service to all Stakeholders in line with Service Level Agreements, both internally and externally.
- Compile and publish the quarterly L&D Newsletter.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Ensure Process and Legal Compliance.
- Give guidance to Line Management in terms of policies and assist staff in resolving Learning and Development related queries.
- Adherence to company policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. SDA, SDLA, OHASA and SHE programme) in line with corporate governance.
How to Apply
Closing Date 9 January 2018