General Electric South Africa invite applications for the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP), one os its six corporate entry level programs.
EEDP is an intensive program for people with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE’s core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ professional development with intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Graduates have the technical/business foundation to proactively/continually make innovative contributions to GE’s future. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the EEDP is for you.
This oppoerunity is available within the GE Power business, a leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources.
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
- Demonstrate analytical / problem solving through number orientation
- Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operation goals
- Contribute to their accomplishment
- Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
- Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Majors in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Aero or Materials only will be considered.
- 70% aggregate on final year results
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics, including calculus and differential equations.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in design engineering, manufacturing, or computer science/computer engineering.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Must be willing to relocate as business needs change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- High self-confidence
- Ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated scholastic achievements
- Majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in an engineering environment
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering.
- Candidate has demonstrated an analytic approach to problem solving and that have demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement, and a passion for technology.
How to apply