- To provide a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change.
- To understand the risks associated with the handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks.
- To maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Manage ATM/ANA machines (where applicable)
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Attends to cheque encashment, Plus Plan withdrawals etc., according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in Group Reference Guide (GRG).
- Attends to change transactions.
- Accepts cheque and/or cash deposits, according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in GRG.
- Ensures that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensures that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refers all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorisation.
- Ensures that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions as per GRG.
- Prepares contingency schedules and capture as per point of reference structure.
- Attends to value transactions
- Assists with cash transactions captured by employees that do not operate till
Control of cash
- Ensures that all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensures that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balances cash daily and report any differences promptly.
Ensures that no unauthorised items are held as cash.
Custodianship (where applicable)
- Acts as primary custodian of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) / Auto Note Acceptor Machine (ANA) keys.
- Acts as primary custodian for the ANA / TM (KABA) Automatic time delay lock pass code.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 1 year Branch banking experience would be an advantage
How to Apply
Closing Date: 30 December 2016