The South African National Blood Service has opportunities for a Trainee Technicians and Technologists in Durban, KZN. The incumbent will be responsible to perform routine testing functions in the blood bank including but not limited to, compatibility, postnatal and preliminary transfusion reaction investigations.
Key Performance Areas
- Achieve Operational Objectives and Targets within area.
- Accomplish Instrument and Laboratory Maintenance objectives in accordance with SOP specifications.
- Achieve Quality compliance in accordance with SOP specifications.
- Ensure general functions have been carried out within specified time frames.
- Trainee Technician – Grade 12 with Mathematics and one other science subject and/or Laboratory Assistant Learnership
- Trainee Technologist – Diploma in Biomedical Technology
Job Specific Requirements:
- Overtime as and when required
- Night shift and weekend duties as rostered
- Occasional local and national travel
- General physical health and reasonable endurance and mobility
- Detail conscious
- Proficient eye-sight
- Person cannot be colour blind
- Analytical Thinking and Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Planning, Organising and monitoring
How to apply
Closing date is 09 December 2016. Click here to apply online