Hilton Hotels & Resorts invites applications for a Work Integrated Learning Programme, which aims to place learners who are registered with TVET colleges and who require internships to complete their training with employers. Under this programme, Hilton also places unemployed graduates who have completed their qualification and are not employed to due to lack of work experience. Learners will be based at Hilton Sandton, 138 Rivonia Road, Gauteng.
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels.
This learnership is a workplace-based training programme comprising both structured practical workplace and structured theoretical training. A learnership leads to a qualification that is registered the South African Qualifications Authority and that is associated with a trade, qualification or profession. The duration of this learnership will be six months.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
A Learner/Trainee serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or as Team
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
Preference with be given to Students who have completed NCV L4 or Students who are studying towards N6 at TVET College
How to apply