Sibanye Gold is offering a limited number of positions to local community and labour sending areas for a full time study and learnership opportunity in line with Sibanye’s business needs.
Successful candidates will study Mining Engineering at the University of Johannesburg in 2017.
Beneficiaries of the Learner Official Mining Career opportunity will receive a full employment package with the company benefits aligned with the Sibanye Learner Official Scheme.
All tuition fees and books will be provided for by Sibanye.
Sibanye is a major holder of both gold and platinum reserves and is the leading producer of gold in South Africa.
The company is primarily involved in underground and surface mining and related activities, including extraction and processing.
Sibanye owns Beatrix, Bursnstone, Cooke, Driefontein and Kloof gold mines, while Sibanye Platinum includes the Kroondal mine in Rustenburg and is a listed company on both JSE and NYSE.
The company is committed to implementing the Social Labour plans currently in place and to building and empowering people and communities.
Operations: Sibanye Academy (Kloof, Driefontein & Beatrix)
The appointee should:
• Have a Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently studying).
• Have the minimum University Acceptance APS of 23
• Achieved a minimum of at least: English 5(60 %+), Mathematics 5(60 %+) and Physical Science 5(60 %+).
• Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centre
• Distinctions in Mathematics and Physical Science
Preference will be given to applicants from the local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirement
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this learnership, kindly complete and attach this form to your application below is form.
Please email your completed form and CV to email@example.com.
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Closing date is 15 November 2016.