Hillary Construction (Pty) Limited offers bursaries for National Diplomas and Degrees in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Surveying.
To qualify for a bursary the following requirements must be met:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident in South Africa.
- The applicant must be in possession of a Grade 12 exemption certificate and be able to provide proof of academic results. (Current grade 12 applicants may provide interim results).
- The applicant must have been accepted by, or currently be studying for the relevant Degree or National Diploma at a recognized South African University or University of Technology that is acceptable to Hillary Construction (Pty) Limited. (These candidates will only be subjected to Selection process 1, 2 and 4).
- For University applicants – we require a minimum symbol C for Maths and Science.
- For University of Technology applicants – we require a minimum symbol D for Maths and Science.
- We require a minimum of 65% aggregate from the applicant to be considered. (this excludes the subject Life orientation).
The application and selection process:
Submit your CV and proof of academic results to our Human Resource Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.(Official application forms will be forwarded to applicants who meet the above mentioned criteria).
(This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots; it’s not clickable, for it is not a real link.)
Closing date of applications for the commencing year will be 30 November of every year.
If accepted, you will be invited either telephonically or via e-mail for interviews and psychometric testing at our Head Office in Polokwane.
Successful candidates will be offered work exposure for 1 year, during which time sponsorship will be considered.
If sponsorship is granted the student will enter into a bursary loan agreement (student contract) with Hillary Construction (Pty) Limited and commence/continue with tertiary education studies the following year.
Whilst studying, the student will be granted the following benefits:
The company pays the annual registration fees, tuition fees and examination fees as well as a monthly salary as stipulated in the student contract.
The company pays for all prescribed study material.
The company pays for university provided (residential) accommodation and food or the student will receive a monthly allowance to be used for accommodation, food and travelling expenses.
Special requests for equipment required for study purposes may be considered. A letter of motivation from the University must accompany the request.
After graduation, the student will be required to work one year for every year of studies paid for by the company (including any suspension period).