SASOL is looking for matriculants to train as firefighters, earn while you beaing trained for a job!
- Support and maintain operational and applicable legal requirements and processes in support of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- To ensure timeous effective response to emergency incidents, on- and off site and thus ensuring the protection of Sasol and its employees and other property as per mutual aid agreements.
- To ensure that fire and life equipment are inspected as per the SANS 1475 standard.
- Ensure that emergency equipment and vehicles are always readily available.
- To ensure station, vehicles and equipment cleanliness.
Required outputs: Functional
- Emergency response and mitigation activities are performed safely and effectively
- Respond to all emergency call outs and requests
- Support Emergency Management Operations strategy and operating model
- Ensure site compliance to relevant legislative standards, practices and certification
- Grade 12 (Must)
- Medically fit for firefighting (incl. functional and capacity test/evaluation)
- Basic life support qualification/BAA – Registered with H.P.C.S.A (advantage)
- IFSAC International Fire Service accreditation congress – Firefighter 1 (advantage)
- HAZMAT Awareness level (advantage)
- Code C1 Drivers licence with PrDP (advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Building partnerships and networking
- Conflict Management
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures
- Mentally and physically fit
- Be able to work shifts and do standby as required
- Listening skills
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness
- Team Player
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills