Investec entered into a partnership with ISASA and Depart of Basic Education. This initiative aims to develop quality Maths, Science and English teachers. The students are enrolled at UNISA to complete a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree. During this time each student is assigned to one of the independent schools in SA i.e. St Stithians, Kingsmead, St Mary’s etc where the student will shadow and learn from the best teachers in the country with a specific focus on mathematics and how to teach it.
Over this period, each student is allocated a mentor to ensure positive role modelling, strong support and quality supervision. Students attend academic camps that offer ongoing motivation and support to bolster their professional and academic development to ensure that they sustain the momentum which has been established.
When the teachers qualify, they will be required to teach at public schools to ensure transfer of best practice.
Beneficiaries of the programme will enjoy these benefits
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources and technology
- Training in ISASA and public schools
- Targeted academic enrichment programme
Who can apply?
- School leavers with matric exemption (B pass) and 60% or more in pure Maths (not Maths literacy) or Science and English
- Tertiary students with Maths or Science and English credits
- Graduates with Maths or Science and English majors
How to apply
Completed application forms must be emailed to email@example.com.
If you have any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 011 648 1331