- Dec 30 2016
- South Africa
- Polokwane (Pietersburg)
- To provide a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change.
- To understand the risks associated with the handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks.
- To maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Manage ATM/ANA machines (where applicable)
- Attends to cheque encashment, Plus Plan withdrawals etc., according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in Group Reference Guide (GRG).
- Attends to change transactions.
- Accepts cheque and/or cash deposits, according to laid-down procedures as stipulated in GRG.
- Ensures that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensures that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refers all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorisation.
- Ensures that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions as per GRG.
- Prepares contingency schedules and capture as per point of reference structure.
- Attends to value transactions
- Assists with cash transactions captured by employees that do not operate tills.
Control of cash
- Ensures that all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensures that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balances cash daily and report any differences promptly.
Ensures that no unauthorised items are held as cash.
Custodianship (where applicable)
- Acts as primary custodian of Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/Auto Note Acceptor Machine (ANA) keys.
- Acts as primary custodian for the ANA/ATM (KABA) Automatic time delay lock pass code.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/ ANA terminals (where applicable)
- Controls ATM keys according to laid-down instructions.
- Adheres to laid-down instructions regarding the control, movement and take-over of cash.
- Undertakes ATM contingency procedures.
- Replenishes ATM cash according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensures canisters hold sufficient cash for weekends and public holidays.
- Monitors cash levels and clear/order cash in line with ICM forecasting to ensure holdings are sufficient to meet business needs and fall within prescribed limits at all times.
- Sweep ANA machine daily and balance on NDS Desktop against sweep.
- Balances the cash in all ANA’s and ATM’s on a bi-weekly basis.
- Completes and balances ATM cash specification.
- Releases cash paid out figures.
- Ensure good quality notes are loaded to ATM/ANA Machines.
ATM/ANA daily maintenance
- Ensure ATM/ANA machine are clear of cash jams and retained cards to increase uptime, as and when required.
- Replenishes ATM/ANA stationery.
- Ensures maximum up-time by reporting systems or technical problems to ATM Control immediately and follow up in need to ensure that corrective action is taken..
- Ensures that the print on transaction records is legible for all ATM/ANA terminals.
- Ensures that all ATM/ANA terminals are kept clean externally and internally at all times.
ATM/ANA deposits (where applicable)
- Clears and processes ATM/ANA deposits daily according to laid-down instructions.
- Handles irregular cheques as unpaid items.
- Attends to deposit corrections, where required.
- Updates the post-dated register on a daily basis with details of post-dated cheques deposited and ensure that all charges are recovered on the same day.
Retained ATM/ANA cards (where applicable)
- Clears retained cards from ATM’s/ANA’s and handles according to laid-down instructions.
- Ascertains the reasons for cards being retained and takes corrective action.
- Destroys cards or hands to Frontline Support, according to laid-down instructions.
- Files ATM/ANA computer reports and ANA transactional record.
- Attends to related telephone calls and customer queries regarding ATM transactions.
- Sorts waste into laid-down sequences and place in waste receptacles on completion of each transaction.
- Ensures that duty of care requirements are adhered to.
- Read circulars and fan-out’s daily.
- Ensures that post-dated cheques register is updated on a daily basis.
Re-cycling of good quality notes
Ensure that high quality bank notes are recycled in accordance with the South African Reserve Bank [SARB ] minimum requirement by custodians, via the note recycler, for issue to customers and self-service ATM replenishment by the Branch (where applicable).
Reporting where applicable
- Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Ensures accurate capture, updates or amendments of customer information and history notes.
- Ensures that targets are met.
- Participates in tactical sales/marketing activities as required.
Multi-channel utilisation and servicing to sell
- Conducts a needs analysis to identify customer needs in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service act licence categories (FAIS)
- Manages “cost of sales” through the utilisation of multi-channel delivery strategies.
- Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non first contact resolution” as appropriate.
- Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 1 year Branch banking experience would be an advantage
- Adherence to laid-down policies and procedures for all transactions
- Prompt turnaround times for transactions
- Efficient and effective customer service
- Low error rating
- Low levels of differences in teller’s cash and operational losses.
- Positive Internal Audit and Compliance report findings
- Satisfied and well-informed customers as a result of efficient service
- Number of queries and complaints logged effectively and correctly.
- Number of leads submitted resulting in a sales conversion.
- Number of cross selling opportunities identified resulting in sales conversion.
- Number of leads logged in originating branch vs. sales conversion in concluding branch