HSRC seeks to employ Data Collectors to be located in Eastern Cape (28), Free State (20), Gauteng (52), Kwa-Zulu Natal (68), Limpopo (28), Mpumalanga (32), Northern Cape (16), North West (20), Western Cape (24)
• Attend training sessions in full;
• Ensure full understanding of the project processes;
• Work within a team.
• Collect data in accordance to prescribed protocols using electronic tablets;
• Provide potential participants information about the project.
• Complete consent forms for all participants.
• Responsible for biological specimen collection, storage and transport;
• Hand the supervisor all the collected information and data at required intervals.
• Collect dried blood spots (DBS) by using kits provided by the HSRC’
• Collect dried blood spots (DBS) from infants (professional nurse only), children and adults.
• Report directly to a team supervisor.
• Ensure quality work by following processes, procedures and steps, outlined in the Training Manual and on which one had been trained.
• Record expenses, claims and any other that will need to be paid out by HSRC for future reference.
• Manage assets provided by HSRC.
• Preference will be given to nurses/phlebotomist and those who have worked in research (HSRC or elsewhere) in a similar position.
• The applicant should be in possession of at least Grade 12.
• Prior relevant working experience in field work/interviews, would be an advantage.
• Above average ability to read, write and understand English.
• Available for a period of 7 – 9 months.
• Have an outgoing personality that enables you to communicate easily with strangers.
• Willingness to work in a team.
• Willingness to travel long distances, within and outside of one’s province.
• Willingness to visit selected households during weekends and after hours.
• Be committed and apply self-discipline to completing one’s task as required
Applications: In your application, please include: your CV, a letter of motivation (indicate clearly the position you are applying for), and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details. Also indicate in which province, district and town you live.
The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements.
Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
In your application indicate this reference: SABSSM V – Data collector – HAST
Closing date: 31 March 2016